mhonarc-users

Re: POSIXSTRFTIME Date Problem

2000-11-25 07:37:08
On November 20, 2000 at 05:57, Jeff Hill wrote:

Trying to overcome the year showing up as 100 in the indexes (for
example, most recent message to the list shows "20-Nov-100 06:01").

From BUGS (from newer versions of MHonArc):

Version:        2.4.4, and earlier
Problem:        %y print 3 digits in time format strings if year 2000
                or later.
Solution:       Fixed in mhtime.pl
Version Fixed:  2.4.5

I looked through the MHonArc archive and added POSIXSTRFTIME at the
beginning of my resource file. I created a test archive and it worked. I
then added it to my live archive and it didn't work.

I've tried deleting the indexes and the database and rebuilding, but it
doesn't seem to help. The dates inside the messages appear accurate. Any
suggestions?

Is there a different version of perl being used on your live archives
vs the test one?  If POSIZSTRFTIME is set, but &POSIX::strftime is
not defined, MHonArc will fallback to its built-in version.