mhonarc-users

Re: Possible follow-ups...

2000-12-16 00:20:47
On December 15, 2000 at 23:27, Gerry Hickman wrote:

What is really bad is where you get mixed up between "sent" and
"received" date. For example Outlook Express tends to use the "received"
date by default, but some list servers use "sent" instead, so at one
stage I had the first reply as the root of the thread with the original
message showing indented as a "possible follow-up", LOL!

Is "sent" that actual message header field name?  Received fields
provide the date that a message was actually received by the system.
You may want experiment with the DATEFIELDS resource.  Since "sent" is
not a standard field I am aware of, you may be safe to do the
following:

<DateFields>
sent:received:date
</DateFields>

Therefore, messages that do have a Sent field will have the date
take precedence of the Received date.