mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc v2.5.0b Is Available

2001-09-05 00:26:42
On September 4, 2001 at 20:38, John Poltorak wrote:

OS/2 is DOS-like in terms of dirsep, pathsep and use of drive letters,
although I like to try and create as Unix-like environment as I can when
using Unix programs, but that's just my personal preference.

Using forward slashes as directory separators work under Windows, so
I bet it is okay under OS/2 when specifying arguments to MHonArc.
However, I try to have MHonArc use what is applicable when it
generates pathnames.  Also, the path separator must be platform
specific since the use of ":" will not work under OSs that use
drive letters.

The OS type is also used when an absolute path check is done.
Under Win/DOS/OS/2, drive letter pattern must be checked for
while under Unix, all one has to check for is if the path starts
with "/".

One thing I would like is to explicitly check for OS/2.  Can you
provide what the value of $^O is in Perl under OS/2?

Here's what I get:-
        [snip]

Thanks for the info.