mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc Input

2001-09-05 08:59:21
   >On September 4, 2001 at 12:58, pegmgr(_at_)peg(_dot_)com wrote:
   >
   >> MHonArc has a tendency to take some of our files and split them into
   >> two entries.
   >>
   >> We always, always, always either give MHonArc a directory entry in which
   >> every file is a single message or give it a file name which is a single
   >> message or send a single message through stdin.
   >
   >I would be that the only time you get a split is when you specify
   >a filename containing the single message.  Technically, MHonArc is
   >in mailbox parsing mode when you do this, so MSGSEP resource takes
   >affect.  If the FAQ answers cannot prevent the split, you can always
   >pipe the file to MHonArc so it treats it as a single message, which
   >you state you already do in some cases.  Example:

I'm using MHonArc 2.4.9 .

When MHonArc receive a file through stdin and the body contains a line
beginning with a "." MHonArc 2.4.9 always breaks it into two messages.

When From_ is not the first line of a file, MHonArc breaks it into
two messages.

If MHonArc sees a "Regards:" line in the body of a message it will
start a new line.

--
PEG Manager
pegmgr(_at_)peg(_dot_)com