mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc Input

2001-09-05 00:26:26
On September 4, 2001 at 12:58, pegmgr(_at_)peg(_dot_)com wrote:

MHonArc has a tendency to take some of our files and split them into
two entries.

We always, always, always either give MHonArc a directory entry in which
every file is a single message or give it a file name which is a single
message or send a single message through stdin.

I would be that the only time you get a split is when you specify
a filename containing the single message.  Technically, MHonArc is
in mailbox parsing mode when you do this, so MSGSEP resource takes
affect.  If the FAQ answers cannot prevent the split, you can always
pipe the file to MHonArc so it treats it as a single message, which
you state you already do in some cases.  Example:

  shell> mhonarc -add < file

Will using this technique be a problem with how you have things set up?

If you get a message split from a message when MHonArc is reading
a directory or reading from stdin, please send me the message zipped
up since this should not happend.  Also, please provide the command-line
invocation used.