mhonarc-users

Re: ezmlm-mhonarc implementation

2001-11-29 08:24:35
At 07:51 29/11/01, niraj wrote:
hi

i have installed ezmlm over qmail
now i want to implement MHonArc for ezmlm mail to html convertion

I have installed mhonarc and created the sample archive ..it ran successfully..
i ran following command for creating the archive:

mhonarc -outdir "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/html/" /home/vpopmail/domains/km.seipl.com/forum/archive/0/

but the above command has made the archive for one mailing list mannually i want to make it happen for all my mailing lists and update the archives dynamically as and when new mails arrives in ezmlm mailing lists.....

What I'm doing is, for every list, subscribing m_list1(_at_)domain(_dot_)com to
list(_at_)domain(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Then using a cronjob, I do something like:

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/m_list1/Maildir/new
/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -outdir /www/domain/list1

cd /home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/m_list2/Maildir/new
/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -outdir /www/domain/list2

etc.

The problem that I see with using the ./archive/n directories is that
you'll have to change your script whenever ezmlm decides to start
archiving in ./archive/n+1.

I believe there is a more elegant way to do this, by editing the
./list/editor file, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

also can i change the look and feel of the html pages ?

See Mhonarc's resources.

can nebody provide necessary guidelines ....
has nebody worked on such mailing list ...if yes plese provide the url....

The mhonarc documentation is among the best I've ever seen.  I'm not
much past beginner level, but everything is clear to me and works just
the way it says it does. However, there is a lot of it, so it's best to
take your time when reading.

--
All the best (Adéu-siau),
Lou Hevly