mhonarc-users

Re: Preferring text/plain over text/html?

2002-02-06 16:46:13

Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> wrote:
On February 6, 2002 at 16:02, Mike Acar wrote:

Is there a way to get MHonArc to prefer text/plain versions of messages
over text/html in multipart/alternative?

Not without code changes.

Currently, if you specify that text/html should be excluded, then the
text/plain will be used, but the exclusion applies to all text/html
data, even for non-multipart/alternative messages.

Which would be ok with me; I can't really see that there's any reason to
send HTML to this list.

Some thought needs to be applied on what would be the best way to
support such a feature.  One part is that actual implementation, the
other is how the user would tell MHonArc about multipart/alternative
preference ordering.

Well, by far the most common is text/plain and text/html sent by such
clients as Outhouse (which you love so well ;), so the obvious thing
would be simply adding a prefer-multipart-plain-over-html config option.
More generally I guess you could have a config section that specified
a a multipart type and a list of MIME types in order of preference... A
truly generic solution might be difficult to describe elegantly in a
config file.

--
Brilliance and gorgeousness                        |   Mike Acar
And we tell ourselves we don't want the treasures  |