mhonarc-users

Re: New option: BASEHREF

2002-03-27 13:20:34
On March 26, 2002 at 23:58, Mark Woon wrote:

I recently started using MHonArc, and am pretty pleased with the results
so far.  Unfortunately, because of my setup, I cannot use relative
links, and need to be able to prepend something before all href's.  To
do this, I added a new option, BASEHREF (-basehref), to MHonArc.

Just curious, but what is it about your setup that prevents
you from using relative URLs?  It is generally good practice to
use relative URLs since it make data more relocatable.

For example, if BASEHREF is set to "/this/directory/", any time MHonArc
is about to print <a href="somefile.html">, it prints <a
href="/this/directory/somefile.html"> instead.

For cases excluding the mimefilters, you can do this by customizing
the page layout resources.

Is anyone else interested in this?  If so, I can send patches. I'd love
to see this folded into the official distribution so I won't have to
path this every time MHonArc gets updated.

Wrt resource variable expansion, there will be ambiguities on when
BASEHREF should be added to the expanded value.  For example,
should $MSG$ include BASEHREF or not?

I am initially cautious to the enhancement request; I must evaluate the
maintenence impacts and to know if your reason for the feature is a
unique case.