mhonarc-users

Re: Retaining dates out of Exchange

2002-08-09 20:18:38
On August 9, 2002 at 12:55, "Johnson, Steve" wrote:

Thanks, that works.  Though, when I put it into a shell script to be called
out of the aliases db I run into trouble.  It seems as though mha-decode
never outputs to standard out and so my pipe is useless.

mha-decode saves to files, and since the file types can vary widely,
it makes little sense to output anything to stdout.  You'd need an
script that would read all the .822 files and concatenate them
to stdout (and make sure a proper message separator exists for each
message).

I am not sure why you are trying to have things done "on-the-fly".
If it is old data, run mha-decode "offline" and import the messages
as a one time thing.