mhonarc-users

[approved] Re: [approved] Mhonarc conversion voids message body.

2002-12-23 20:42:38
I hope I understand correctly Earl? I've attached a few of the emails that didn't convert in a file called Earl's.mbx. I hope that's what you meant?

I'd be lost without you Earl. Thanks for always helping.

David.

At 05:07 PM 12/23/02 -0600, you wrote:
On December 23, 2002 at 13:07, "David D. Piney" wrote:

> I'm getting a new glitch using mhonarc 2.5.13.

BTW, you may be interested in the security advisory archived at
<http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=mhonarc-users&i=200212220120(_dot_)gBM1K8502180(_at_)mcguire(_dot_)earlhood(_dot_)com>

> I assume it's because I
> recently changed to a Eudora stationery format for my news service. When
> converting this batch of email to html, mhonarc says "No boundary
> delimiters found in message body, or No boundary delimiters found in
> multipart body", for each of the messages. The end result is the
> elimination of the message body, in every message converted.
>
> If anyone knows the solution I'd sure appreciate your help.

I believe Eudora modifies the message and saves off attachments
separately.  The problem is that it leaves the same MIME headers,
so if a 3rd-party tool processes an Eudora mailbox, you get problems.

As with mhonarc, the warnings indicate problem with message formatting,
however, I have tried to add fallback code so you still get something.
Can you provide some sample input data the causes no message bodies to
show up?

--ewh