mhonarc-users

[approved] Continuing problems with converting Eudora.

2003-03-17 15:38:46
I'm trying to learn the perl language but it's frustrating, since I'll use it so rarely. Should I create an RC file to address the very wide horizontal scroll bar problem, and the removal of html in the converted messages from eudora's stationery? (Yet the tags still remain in message body)

I've tried editing the def.mime.mrc with a mimeargs attachcheck maxwidth=60 entry with no luck.

I don't have a def.mime.mrc file to edit, that I could find. And I experimented extensively with rc file construction with the last version with no luck. I'm not sure where to focus my effort with this new version?

I don't need anything fancy, just a way to post email information on my website.

Could you provide the syntax I need?

I hope it's not too much trouble. I really appreciate it.

david.

At 07:07 PM 3/13/03 -0600, you wrote:
On March 13, 2003 at 16:01, Sunita Rajagopal wrote:

> actually i have  this in my common.mrc file, what do I change it to.
>
> <MIMEArgs override>
> m2h_external::filter;   inline useicon
> m2h_text_plain::filter; attachcheck quote maxwidth=80
> m2h_text_html::filter;  notitle
> </MIMEArgs>
>
> doesn'rthe above filter mean it is going to handle html messages also
> properly, if not what filter should I include.

m2h_text_html::filter is the default HTML filter.  For security
reasons, the filter strips out DHTML-type markup to avoid cross-site
scripting (XSS) attacks.

Information about the filter, including options to
allow markup to not be stripped, is described in
the MIMEFILTERS reference page of the documentation:
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/mimefilters.html#m2h_text_html>.

Make sure to read the various security cautions and notes when using
some options.

Note, if the messages include a text/plain alternative to the HTML
part, you can add the following resource to help avoid the security
problems of HTML mail:

<MIMEAltPrefs>
text/plain
text/html
</MIMEAltPrefs>

You may want review the Security section of the FAQ before making
any changes:
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/security.html>