mhonarc-users

RE: mharc--Help

2003-04-07 16:00:14
Thanks Earl.

Here is what I am looking at.

I get all my  digests for each list under /majordomo/lists/digest.
For example its /majordomo/lists/digest/test-digest for test list.
All mails sent to this list on this server will get created with numeric
value.EX:/majordomo/lists/digest/test-digest/004.
This is the mail that was sent to test user.

So as per your mail variable in config.sh ORGMAIL should be
ORGMAIL=/majordomo/lists/digest
OR
ORGMAIL=/majordomo/lists/digest/$LOGNAME-digest.I think this is correct.
.Since all lists get digested there .
But archived at some other place.

I understand that mails are sent to /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME
Is for general Unix machine where the mails are sent on system.

Balanand Pinni

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Hood [mailto:earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 1:11 PM
To: mhonarc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: mhonarc--Help

On April 4, 2003 at 15:53, "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" wrote:

Now I  installed all the stuff that I needed .Now how to link mharc with
majordomo.
That is how mharc will know that mail archives are to be picked up from so
and so directory?
Just by editing lists.def and executing perl install.pl how it will know
the
lists are under the specifc directory?

(Note: Since this is a mharc question, the mharc-users list,
 <http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/info/mharc-users.html>, is the more
 appropriate forum.)

The installation document for mharc,
<http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/install.html>, describes the
basic usage model of mharc in the Introduction.

The ORGMAIL variable in config.sh is the key variable on telling
mharc where the mail spool is for it to process.

The section "Defining your crontab" covers how to get the archive
process automated.