mhonarc-users

QP decoding

2003-05-04 12:50:41
Hello,

During archive processing I've found some Subject: lines are not
properly decoded from Quoted-Printable in MHonarc.
After some investigation I've located the problem with such headers:
        Subject: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?guz_m=f3zgu?=
is caused by some popular webmail of a Polish portal site, which seems
to encode characters using lowercase hexadecimal (e.g. "f3") numbers,
instead of uppercase. RFC 1521 specifies, that the set [A-F] should be used,
but "robust" decoders could make the effort to also interpret [a-f] properly.

The fix is simple: in qprint.pl substitute:
s/=([0-9A-F]{2})/pack("H2",$1)/ge;
with:
s/=([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})/pack("H2",$1)/ge;

Marcin