mhonarc-users

RE: Using mHonarc with Exchange?

2003-05-08 14:57:03
Hugo

I am using an inexpensive conversion tool to convert an Exchange inbox
to Netscape format and then run Mhonarc against the converted copy.  The
utility is called UniAccess and you can check it out by going to their
website at:  http://www.comaxis.com/.  PLEASE NOTE:  I am providing this
as information ONLY without any endorsement of the product.  I make no
claims as to the suitability of their product to you specific situation.
Please make your own judgment.

Randy Blaustein
Systems Administrator
Armed Forces Emergency Services Center
American Red Cross
blausteinr(_at_)usa(_dot_)redcross(_dot_)org
(703) 206-6799

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugo Bouckaert [mailto:hugo(_at_)geoinformex(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 10:38 PM
To: mhonarc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org
Subject: Using mHonarc with Exchange?

Hi

I am currently using MHonArc on a linux box with sendmail (on another
unix machine) as the server from which I process certain mailboxes and
it works beautifully. However, we are soon changing to Exchange for our
mail server and I am wondering if MHonArch can process mail folders (at
the server end) of Exchange as well.

I must confess that at this stage I do not know much about Exchange -
are its server mailboxes flat files like those of sendmail? Or does
Exchange perhaps have a native method of  converting mail to html and
hence there is no need to adapt MHonArch to be used with it?

Any information regarding MHonArch and whether it works with Exchange
would be most welcome.

Thanks

Hugo

--
Dr Hugo Bouckaert
Systems and Programming Engineer

GeoInformatics Exploration Australia P/L
57 Havelock St
West Perth, WA 6005
PO Box 1675, West Perth 6872

Ph:       61 08 9420 7400
Fax:      61 08 9226 1299

www.geoinformex.com

This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
for your cooperation.