mhonarc-users

[approved] Command not found

2003-06-11 11:38:08
"Jan" == Jan Wolski <redwoodjan(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

  Jan:> I've exhausted my other resources and have resorted to bugging
  Jan:> the gurus at the mailing list.....

  Jan:> I've just installed MHonArc2.6.3.  The install appeared to go
  Jan:> smoothly and, to my untrained eye, it looks like all the correct
  Jan:> directories were created and the files are in the right place.
  Jan:> However I'm being told by bash that the mhonarc command can't be
  Jan:> found.  My unix is rusty, and I've never used bash before, but
  Jan:> my guess is that a path was not specified for the command.
  Jan:> Doesn't the install do that for me?

  Jan:> Here's what I entered and the results I got:

  Jan:> [big/dom/xcfidsselfhelp/MHonArc2.6.3 ]$ mhonarc -outdir
/big/dom/xcfidsselfhelp/www/lessons
/big/dom/xcfidsselfhelp/janwolski/csh1/archive/[0-9]* -title "CSH1 Archive"
-ttitle "CSH1 Threaded Archive"
  Jan:> bash: mhonarc: command not found

  Jan:> I'd sure appreciate your help, it would take me hours to dig out
  Jan:> all my unix stuff to try to figger this out.

as if you are in the install directory.  Execute the command
     ls mhonarc
to see if mhonarc is in this directory.  If it is replace your command
      mhonarc -outdir ...
with
      ./mhonarc -outdir ...

or set your path with the command
      PATH=.:$PATH

--
Wojciech Komornicki                                      Dept of Mathematics
wnk(_at_)piper(_dot_)hamline(_dot_)edu

It's not enough to know the world is absurd and restrict yourself merely to
pointing out that fact.... It is wrong to expect a reward for your struggles.
The reward is the act of struggle itself, not what you win.  Even though you
can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world, you must make the attempt.
That's morality, that's religion, that's art, that's life.

                                                                    Phil Ochs