mhonarc-users

Using MHonArc as more than an archive?

2003-06-23 09:20:01
I'm wondering if anyone is using MHonArc as more than "just" an archive of a
list server?

Some people might rather use a "bulletin board" type interface to a mailing
list, (ie: subscribe to the list, then put themselves on "nomail" status,
and just review the archive on a regular basis) and it occurs to me that
MHonArc is already pretty close.

Some things I can think of that would make MHonArc even better for this kind
of use would be:

* Some sort of link on each page so that the message being read could be
responded to, back to the mailing list address, with the appropriate subject
line, from line, and headers, so it would work properly with the threading.
I guess this would require some sort of script that is executed at the time
the user clicks the link.

* Some way to (optionally) view the contents of an entire thread at a time.

Has anyone made changes like these to MHonArc? Any advice?

Thanks. -Steve