mhonarc-users

[approved] Using MHonArc as more than an archive?

2003-06-23 11:22:43
I guess I do not understand the question.  MHonArc already does this.  I
have the following in my rcfile

<!--=== MailToURL=========================================================-->
<MAILTOURL>
mailto:$TO$?subject=$SUBJECT$&references=$MSGID$
</MAILTOURL>
which allows the user to click on the address and respond to the list.
--
Wojciech Komornicki

"Steve" == Steve Rothman <Steve(_dot_)Rothman(_at_)creo(_dot_)com> writes:

  Steve:> I'm wondering if anyone is using MHonArc as more than "just" an
archive of a
  Steve:> list server?

  Steve:> Some people might rather use a "bulletin board" type interface to a
mailing
  Steve:> list, (ie: subscribe to the list, then put themselves on "nomail"
status,
  Steve:> and just review the archive on a regular basis) and it occurs to me
that
  Steve:> MHonArc is already pretty close.

  Steve:> Some things I can think of that would make MHonArc even better for
this kind
  Steve:> of use would be:

  Steve:> * Some sort of link on each page so that the message being read could
be
  Steve:> responded to, back to the mailing list address, with the appropriate
subject
  Steve:> line, from line, and headers, so it would work properly with the
threading.
  Steve:> I guess this would require some sort of script that is executed at
the time
  Steve:> the user clicks the link.

  Steve:> * Some way to (optionally) view the contents of an entire thread at a
time.

  Steve:> Has anyone made changes like these to MHonArc? Any advice?

  Steve:> Thanks. -Steve

  Steve:> To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org
with the
  Steve:> message text UNSUBSCRIBE MHONARC-USERS