mhonarc-users

Re: conversion question

2003-07-25 11:35:19
On July 25, 2003 at 12:48, "Scott Noone" wrote:

Cool, this is sort of what I thought. My first instinct was your first
suggestion, just modify the generated index into something easily parsed and
run through it collapsing the threads into one file. Grossly inefficient,
but lacking an as easy alternative I think it should be acceptable for what
I'm shooting for.

You could optimize things by caching the special index of the previous
update so it can be "diffed" against the new special index.  Therefore,
you would only need to update discussion pages that need changing
vs regenerating them all.