mhonarc-users

Re: Newbie Questions

2004-11-08 15:38:53
Patrick Lester wrote:
I've just installed MHonArc on my server, which was a task because I
have never used telnet/ssh before today, so I needed to learn that
first. That should give you a sense of by newbie-ness. Smart enough
to get telnet working and install MHonArc, but apparently not smart
enough to do much else (see below).

I have a few dopey questions:

(1) After the initial installation, is there a web page you can go to
on your site that is a MHonArc home page or something?

No, MHonArc is not web based by default.

I have written a help script for MHonArc:
http://www.gunnar.cc/mhonarc/mhastart.pl.html

I wrote mhastart.pl in order to be able to use MHonArc without any kind
of shell access. The script has a simple web interface, and even if you
obviously have shell access, when reading your message I get a feeling
that you might find mhastart.pl useful. Actually I believe that some of
your questions might be implicitly answered by using it.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson