mhonarc-users

RE: Messages and virus scanner

2005-03-24 16:46:16

I cannot find that name anywhere in the main file.

Thanks
Neeraj

The dot bin files are linked from the messages, not the maillist nor the threads file.

I use a universal find and replace program to find dot bin in the messages. Once I find the syntax of the attachment, I have the program look for the first of the offending tag and the last of the offending tag and replace them with nothing.

You can use the same method with all attachmates and then safely delete all of the offending file types from the directory.

I have 11 years of messages and early on in the internet, urls to ftp and gopher was common. I used the universal find and replace to remove them.

John