mhonarc-users

Re: Looking for someone to get MHonArc working...

2011-11-13 04:22:59
Hi Medhamsh,

Thanks for the quick response, I was in Hyderabad recently, I have been a few
times for work...

You can see a listing of all the forums at http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/

Here is one of the forum pages:
http://www.pharmweb.net/pwmirror/pwq/pharmwebq6.html

The forum archive can be accessed from the above page or directly via:

http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/0070/current/
http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/0070/2010/
http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/0070/2009/
etc...

You can see a listing of all the forums at http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/

I manage the actual mail server on a machine at home (Mac) and messages that go
to the forum are sent to e.g. hm0001(_at_)www(_dot_)pharmweb(_dot_)net (which
is the Academic AU forum at http://www.pharmweb.net/forum/0001/). There are 104
forums. John updated the forum each January so that the url with "current"
included took you to the current year.

John moved the site  to a new virtual server in November and since then the
archives have not worked. I guess the server needs configuration so that mail
send to hm0001(_at_)www(_dot_)pharmweb(_dot_)net ,
hm0002(_at_)www(_dot_)pharmweb(_dot_)net etc get sent to MHonArc for processing.

The server was also set up to only accept emails sent from my machine so that
it could not be spammed (not sure if this was done using the IP address of my
machine at home?).

I am looking for the following to be done:

1) Update MHonArc to current version (2.6.18) and update Perl.
2) Update Perl - I think much of what is done is via Perl scripts
(http://www.mhonarc.org/mharc/doc/)
3) Get messages to start archiving again (not sure what needs to get set up on
the server)
4) It would also be useful if the archiving could be set up so that superfluous
message headers did not show ie only "To", "Subject", "From" and "Date".
5) Instructions on how I can modify appearance of pages
6) Instructions on how I filter emails according to year ie what I need to do
at the start of each year
7) Instructions on how I ensure only emails sent from my machine are archived
8) Brief notes to show me how to do the above so that I can maintain going
forward

Is this something you can help with?

Thanks

Tony