mhonarc-users

Re: Message body size limits? (Bigger Problem)

2011-12-03 16:00:28
Is Mhonarc not really supported any more or is this list dead?

Tom

On Dec 3, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Tom <tom(_at_)hutch4(_dot_)us> wrote:

I should have stayed away from Google Groups.  I liked the feature of having
a forum they could post from or just email the group.  What I don't like now
is the horrendous HTML of their output emails from their first couple of
years when groups was new. Broken tags, especially "<table" and "<br/".
Exclusion list, don't get me started- Authenticate-x, Mail-list name,
Domain-key verified, etc... It was almost like they were making them up when
they started. 2010 and 2011 emails are a lot better.

Ok I know they messed up a lot of things too, but Microsoft has a pretty
powerful email re-writing script in Outlook 2010.  You can open a message,
enable editing strip out HTML, then resave it.  Seems to clean up and rewrite
the header a little better on the resave.

What has me perplexed now is the 18 unknown messages.  My error log has
dropped significantly.  These 18 seem to be truncated emails of longer
emails.  I have 287 emails in the folder being read, writing 305 emails on
the run output, exactly the 18 unknown, subject, date, being written at the
end of my index.html page.

Tom