RE: Symbol matching

2001-05-04 02:20:28
On Fri, 4 May 2001, DEVOS BASTIEN wrote:

try search on "/tcp(ip|\/ip)/", or "tcp and ip".

But it's documented that tcp/ip will work.  Why doesn't it work as
documented?

I can do that.  My users don't understand regular expressions.  They'll
get scared of stuff like that.  Actually, I want them to be able to
search on something like this:

When are the results of pgdst?

I handle this by stripping words like are, the and of, so the query
becomes:

When results pgdst?

The ? at the end messes things up.  I want the search to check for
pgdst? and pgdst

Any ideas?  I'm thinking of putting the code in myself since it doesn't
seem to be there right now.

Philip