Re: Apache configuration to use namazu.cgi

2002-06-24 09:04:27
On June 24, 2002 at 17:02, jusob(_at_)free(_dot_)fr wrote:

Maybe the problem is not in the Apache configuration. Is namazu.cgi written i
perl (I thought that all .cgi files are written in perl)? Because I can't edi
it, that mean that most of the characters are not printable.

namazu.cgi is binary executable.  Make sure the executable bit is set
on it.

There is more than one way to configure apache to execute the program
as a CGI program.  Usually, just reading the default httpd.conf file
that comes with apache provides enough comments on how to do it.
You could either define a ScriptAlias or have,

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

And then set the ExecCGI option for the directory containing namazu.cgi.

See the apache docs for more information.

--ewh