Re: Apache configuration to use namazu.cgi

2002-06-26 23:33:41
En réponse à Philip S Tellis
<philip(_at_)konark(_dot_)ncst(_dot_)ernet(_dot_)in>:
Hi
Sice I've rebooted the PC, it works!

Thanks
Julien
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 jusob(_at_)free(_dot_)fr wrote:

I'm a new user of namazu. I've tried the binary version of namazu.
Now, I would like to try namazu.cgi on a web page. But I don't know
how to configre Apache (1.3 under Linux)to execute namazu.cgi: I can
only download the file, not execute it. Someone could sends me his

Try a few things first to see if you can get cgi's running.

(I'm assuming you're on unix).

1. try a small shell script called test.cgi like this:

test.cgi:
#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-type: text/plain"
echo ""
echo "hello world"

make it executable by all, and try an access it as a CGI program through

your web server/browser.

If it runs, then CGI is configured properly, if not, then you need to
fix your CGI configuration.

2. If 1. is successful, try running namazu.cgi from the same directory

3. Try running namazu.cgi from the command line (it should at least
execute).

4. Check permissions of all directories and cgi programs.  If you're
using a version of apache compiled with SuExec, then permission checking

is very strict.

the cgi program and all directories leading up to it should not have
permissions more permissable than 755 (rwxr-xr-x)

all directories and the cgi program must be owned by the same person and

group (higher directories owned by root are ok).

so if your namazu.cgi is in /home/jusob/public_html/cgi-bin/ then you
should have the following settings:

/home                 o:root  g:root          p:drwxr-xr-x/drwx--x--x
/home/jusob           o:jusob g:jusob/xxx     p:drwxr-xr-x/drwx--x--x
/home/jusob/public...    "        "                  "
......namazu.cgi         "        "           p:-rwxr-xr-x/-rwx--x--x

--
The sooner our happiness together begins, the longer it will last.
              -- Miramanee, "The Paradise Syndrome", stardate 4842.6