[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

2005-06-16 23:13:08

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

"Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:

Is it understood though the user when executing it in the command
line and the user when executing it from Apache are different
in general?

The above limit command was done as the same user who is running the
cgi as is the shell.  They are the same user.  This apache runs as
user mailman and I did a "su - mailman" before I ran "limit" to get
the above numbers.

I see.
It seems to be unquestionable there.

It seems that another limitations except namazu.cgi hang if it
operates normally when executing it by using same namazu.cgi in
the command line.
The cause is not hit on ..what another has...

Thanks for your help.

Some general info on teh apache.  I just updated it to the latest
1.3.33+apachessl 1.55 (Ben-SSL)

Here is the config that was used to make it:

./configure \
"--prefix=/usr/local/apache/apache_object" \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--enable-module=so" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=apache_ssl" \
"--enable-suexec" \
"--suexec-caller=nobody" \
"--suexec-docroot=/web/xxxxx.com/mailman" \
"--suexec-logfile=/log/apache/mailman.xxxxx.com/suexec.log" \
"--suexec-uidmin=99" \
"--suexec-gidmin=99" \

Apache normally runs as "nobody" but the virtual host that is mailman
runs under the mailman uid and gid (and hence so does namazu).

thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC