[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz not working for Japanese languagedocuments ?

2006-06-28 00:46:03
Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

By the way.
Namazu doesn't support UTF-8.
Therefore, Lang_Msg and Lang should be C. (For English)

It is necessary to make it to ja_JP.eucjp to process Japanese.
Please set ja_JP.eucjp and use environment variable LANG etc.

I will change these and try it again.  I understand that I will have to
create a mknmzrc file in the directory "/usr/local/etc/namazu/".  Is
that correct ?
Can I use the defaults from "mknmz -C" and customize those ?

When I reinstalled Namazu after KAKASI and NKF, the Japanese search
worked properly at last.

When I installed the Perl modules to increase the speed, the Japanese
text search no longer worked as it did before.  I have probably done
something wrong here, so I will have to check it tomorrow and let you
know what I find.

Thanks Again,
   J. Hart