Re: MH patch release imminent

1995-12-07 23:27:45
I didn't find any code in my +inbox, though I have a few
inquiries and bug reports.  Bill Wohler's FAQ (in a message
from Brandon Allbery <bsa(_at_)kf8nh(_dot_)wariat(_dot_)org> dated 11/26/1995)
points to "ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Mail/readers
/mh-6.8.3-diffs.tar.gz" as the current Linux patches.

If these patches are current, I'll retrieve them and see about
merging them in.  Can anyone with Linux who has tried these
patches comment?

No, they are not current.  That is, they *might* be current for
a.out Linux systems, but they certainly are not the right code
for the new ELF version we all wish to have.
So, in general, it is not a good idea to include these patches.

The GNU stdio part of it might still be current, I'll try to have
a look if I have some time next weekend...

--
--    Jos Vos <jos(_at_)xos(_dot_)nl>