miscellany/ cleanup

1996-02-19 16:13:15

Well, I started the slim down idea ... here are some more comments.  All of the
following are currently in /miscellany.

Delete and replace with pointers to the current source in the README
less-177
compress-4.0
patch-2.0.12u8
mh-e
multi-media (a collection of tools, so replace with a collection of pointers)

* if you have pointers to the latest and greatest of these, mail them to me and
  I will add them to a master README to be submitted for distribution

I don't know enough to hose these, but think they should be
mhe == Didn't this preceed mh-e, which has surpassed it?
libndir == Does anyone still need this directory name handling kludge?  Can't
           we provide a pointer for those few sites that do?
mtrenv == While I love the idea of packaging a sample environment, this one is
          from MH 6.5, can we get a newer one from Marshall, or can we get net
          donations?  John, how about jrenv? :)
netnews == A nice idea, posting to news/reading news with MH.  If we keep this,
           lets see if there is newer stuff.  I personally think we should add
           notes to the README that the FAQ for most newsreaders will tell you
           how to wire in your favorite mailer.
rcvtrip == Hasn't this trip/vacation program been superceeded by newer one shot
           programs, or at least more automated?
sendmail == This contains some mmdfII(?) spooler.  I have no idea what this is.
sortf == Hasn't this file sorting tool been superceed by sortm?
tools == This non-documented comparison set of tools seems unnecessary.

Comments?

bex