Re: mhbuild an German Umlaute

1998-02-04 11:41:47
If I send a message containing German Umlaute (like "äöü") the message
is encoded  in  quoted-printable.  Is it  possible  to just send it in
8bit?

Thanks!

Currently nmh doesn't have any method to allow you to specify the
Content-Transfer-Encoding.  If you use mhn -build (now called mhbuild)
it will automatically use QP or base64, if it finds 8bit data.

If you compose a message using just comp/repl/etc, and don't use
mhn -build or mhbuild, I don't think it will encode the message in
any way, but I'm not sure.

I'm currently working on this very stuff right now (just reorganized the
relevant code in mhbuild last night).

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu