Building nmh-0.22 on HP-UX 10.20

1998-02-12 08:07:17

  I had a few problems building nmh on HP-UX 10.20 with the HP ANSI C
compiler that I thought I'd share.  I'm not familiar with the
internals of configure, so I can't provide fixes, sorry.

  Here's the configure I used:

CFLAG="-Ae -g" ./configure --prefix=/opt/nmh

  If you don't use the -Ae option for the compiler, const winds up
being undef'd in config.h, which causes compile errors due to
mismatched prototypes.

  In the config.h, I defined SYS5 and SVR4.  In the Makefile, I added
-Dhpux to the DEFS variable.  Without this definition, scan dumped
core in lex_string.

--
Andrew Bros                             bros(_at_)rsn(_dot_)hp(_dot_)com
Software Engineer                       Hewlett-Packard PASL