Re: current work on nmh

1998-06-08 12:30:47
Sounds great!  I have one comment about your naming scheme, though:

mhn -show   ->  mhshow
mhn -store  ->  mhstore
mhn -list   ->  mhlist

This would be a little confusing, I think, since the distinction between
(the existing) "show" and (the new) "mhshow" is not that one of them belongs
to or works with MH and the other doesn't, but that one groks mime and the
other doesn't.  So a better prefix than "mh" would be useful, although I'm
not sure what it would be.

I understand the motivation of using a prefix like "mh", which would avoid
conflicts - I'd be very surprised if there isn't already an executable out
there somewhere named "mimeshow", for instance - but then, the MH commands
that already exist aren't all that careful about not chewing up valuable
chunks of namespace, and fixing that would require non-backwards-compatible
changes.

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea in general.  I'm assuming after all
is done there'd still be flags to give to eg "show" to prevent MIME
processing and just spit the raw RFC822 message to standard out, right?

-j.
<js(_at_)aq(_dot_)org>