Re: Workarounds for argument limits

1998-06-22 10:07:26
I haven't checked the nmh code, Perry.  But now that Richard has fixed
sequences to expand dynamically, could you use sequences instead?

But the point is, I think, that there is no actual *cause* for having
the number of arguments the programs take be statically allocated, and
it frequently causes trouble. Why don't we just eliminate the problem?

Of course, I went (eventually) fix this.

At this point, I've removed quite a few of the arbitrary
limitations in the MH code.  Most of the easy ones are fixed.
The remaining ones will require a little more time.

So, I will fix this soon, but I'm in the middle of something
else right now.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu