Replacing format files (was: nmh-0.26: reply -cc all does not work)

1998-07-06 12:49:38
louie(_at_)UU(_dot_)NET wrote:
I had often thought of replacing that mechanism with a Tcl interpreter so
that the functions performed by the format files could be implemented in
a more clear way with simple Tcl scripts.

An interesting and useful thought.  I'd have a couple of concerns, though.

1)  Language wars (i.e., why didn't you choose (insert language here), it
    would be _much_ better for this because (insert rant here).

2)  Size and speed, MH/nmh is relatively lean and mean.

3)  What to do for folks who don't have / don't want / can't install Tcl

-Hal <*>