Re: nmh - How To ...

1998-07-21 10:01:30
I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  You can insert multiple files
into a message with mhbuild.  The attached mime composition file
would include several different files into a MIME message.  Did you
have something else in mind?

Oh, now I understand mhbuild. Sorry, my fault. Hm, now I need a tool
which generates the MIME-type for a file. Is there a magic file (like
/etc/magic) available which does the job ?

In general, you cannot tell the MIME-type of a file by magic numbers.
That's the whole reason for the Content-Type field in the first place
(we wouldn't need it if we could programmatically distinguish the MIME
type).

When mhbuild is building a MIME message, it uses the mime directive
in the build file to determine the MIME part of the relevant part.
You (or some script) must insert those directives.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu