Re: nmh - How To ...

1998-07-22 10:41:06

------ "Andrew D. Kailhofer",
<199807221652(_dot_)LAA20363(_at_)aerie(_dot_)bdy(_dot_)wi(_dot_)ameritech(_dot_)com
writes:

    In the attached (attached as text/plain because I've butched it up a
    lot from message/rfc822), we still see the troubling "multiple
    Mime-Version field" problem, which makes my nmh (nmh-0.27) barf (or at
    least refuse to parse the email).

    I see that the composer is exmh.  Is generating multiple identical
    Mime-Version headers exmh's fault, or something else?  Can nmh get
    around to ignoring duplicate identical informational headers?  I do
    recognize where conflicting headers could be a problem ("Mime-Version:
    1.0" and "Mime-Version: 98.0 (Microsoft Subborns Everything)", for
    instance).

Netscape Communicator 4 i think used to do this, but it was fixed.
perhaps it was 3.X., it's been awhile.

i modified the uip routines at one time to just ignore the multiple
headers. the code is designed for very few error conditions, and the
default behavior is to exit ungracefully.

tim