Re: Organizing the development of nmh

2002-05-30 12:30:08

Don't cc me on mailing list posts, please.  I don't need two copies.

Doug Morris <doug(_at_)mhost(_dot_)com> writes:
Dan Harkless wrote:
Well, the list was apparently broken for awhile there (confirmed by Doug in
private email).  It would appear the posts sent to the list during that time

No, that is simply wrong. Posting has not been broken at all, only the
subscribe mechanism (which I have been manually processing).

Okay.  Guess we misunderstood each other.  I said "Is your listserver
operating properly...?" and you replied:

    No, it's not. I've been manually procesing things. I am replacing
    SmartList with MailMan soon (I have it already installed on the new
    server and am working won the migration).

I took that to mean the entire list was not working.  When I got no response
to my subscribe request from my new address, I tried sending a test post
from both my old and new addresses.  Neither one made it to the list and
neither one bounced.  At least *my* posts seem to have disappeared into the
ether.  I guess we'll have to wait until others speak up to see if the same
happened to them or not.

I find it hard to believe no one posted during all that time.

--
Dan Harkless
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org