Re: Organizing the development of nmh

2002-05-29 21:30:26

Don't cc me on mailing list posts, please.  I don't need two copies.

Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com> writes:
Lists are archived using pipermail (not my web archiving software of
choice :-), but there is no search facility.

Pity.

You can use a free service like www.mail-archive.com to provide an
alternative archive that provides searching.

'Kay.  That's reasonable.

I just hope the quality of the documentation on Savannah doesn't reflect the
overall quality of the site.

The docs are pretty weak, but it does not take too much hacking to
figure things out.  The savannah Admin Docs (i.e. not the user docs)
have some useful information, especially about CVS repository stuff.

Yeah, I saw the info on setting up a commit-notify mailing list, which I
would very much like to have in place for nmh (bugged Doug about setting one
up a few times over the years, but he never got it working).

As for the service, I am currently satisfied.  The bug tracking
service can be quite useful and something to consider using for
the nmh project.

Access to bug repository software is one of the biggest wins we can get by
switching from mhost.com.  Currently when somone sends a bug report I file
it in an "nmh-pending" folder, and hopefully look at it when I have time
(which over the past year or so hasn't been often), and presumably others
with write access do something similar, but a public bug database that
everyone could look at to see what bugs have been reported (and which have
been fixed) would be a BIG win.

Hopefully the Savannah software is set up so that a reported bug goes
immediately into the database with no administrator intervention.

--
Dan Harkless
nmh(_at_)harkless(_dot_)org