Re: mhstore ignores umask ?

2002-10-20 07:28:59
Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl(_at_)beer(_dot_)org> wrote:

I'm using mhstore to stuff my attachments into an htdocs/foo directory
so I can then hit it with a browser, since most of the attachments I
get are jpg's and so forth.  My problem is, I can't figure out how to
get mhstore to set the perms to at least 644?  It insists on 600. I can
see how 600 is desirable when dealing with someone's mail but I'd like
to override it.  Setting my umask has no affect on it.

Am I missing something obvious?

I am finding that "mhstore" gives 664 permissions.  This is
presumably related to

Msg-Protect: 664

Arguably, it is a mistake for mhstore to follow the Msg-Protect
for this.

I have a related problem (the inverse problem) -- when "refile" has
to move to a different file system, it follows umask, when it should
either be replicating the original permissions or following the
Msg-Protect setting.  (My workaround is to make "refile" a shell
script that sets the desired umask, then invokes the real "refile").

 -NWR