Re: [Nmh-workers] Question about slocal

2003-08-02 09:30:05
Matthew Burke <matthew(_at_)bluedino(_dot_)net> wrote:

I want to run nmh on my laptop but I don't have an MTA installed.
Using inc to get email from my two POP accounts works just fine but I
would prefer to run everything through slocal so that I can filter it.
Is there a way to do this without installing an MTA and then using
something like fetchmail to grab from the POP accounts?

Have you tried using the --mda (or mda config file keyword) to fetchmail
to invoke slocal directly?

I had been using a totally home grown C/Tcl/Tk app to fetch mail from
various POP mailboxes.  Instead of adding SSL and IMAP support to it I
am converting use fetchmail, which invokes my Tcl delivery script.  It
seems to work quite well.

Thanks.

Jeff