Re: [Nmh-workers] Sepr

2003-09-15 12:30:09
Chris Garrigues <cwg-dated-1064079618(_dot_)59e258(_at_)DeepEddy(_dot_)Com>
wrote on Sep 15, 2003:

We've recently installed Sophos and it generates dates that nmh doesn't parse
correctly.  Here's the date line from a recent message:

Date: Fri, 12 Sepr 2003 18:57:21 CDT

I assume the problem is due to the unorthodox abbreviation of September.

There is a standard as to how dates are supposed to be represented
in email.  See RFC 2822.

The use of "Sepr" is not conformant to that standard.

I think it a mistake for nmh to try to repair every broken form
of date that exists somewhere.

 -NWR