Re: [Nmh-workers] unseen sequence after inc into initially-empty folder

2003-12-02 11:30:06
argh.  my apologies, glenn.

it turns out that the machine on which i encountered this is not
running the cvs snapshot that i'm running elsewhere.  i forgot i
wasn't running the same stuff everywhere.  where the problem
occurred, i'm running an almost-vanilla 1.0.4 -- "almost", in that
it has this patch applied (versus 1.04):

                msgnum++;
                mp->hghmsg++;
+               mp->nummsg++;
                clear_msg_flags (mp, msgnum);
                set_exists (mp, msgnum);
                set_unseen (mp, msgnum);

I've attached the RC3 copies of inc.c and folder_realloc.c; could
you check them against your copies, or send me yours?  Thanks.

my folder_realloc.c is identical (modulo headers) to yours.

i won't include the full diff of inc.c, since the problem is
almost certainly fixed by the following snippet:

                msgnum++;
                mp->hghmsg++;
                mp->nummsg++;
+               if (mp->lowmsg == 0) mp->lowmsg = 1;
+
                clear_msg_flags (mp, msgnum);
                set_exists (mp, msgnum);
                set_unseen (mp, msgnum);