Re: [Nmh-workers] quotes in personal names

2003-12-13 20:30:05
C Mummert wrote:

MS Outlook (and maybe other mailers) inserts double quotes around the
personal names in header lines, like this:

    From: "Nobody Special" <nobody(_at_)special(_dot_)com>

Unfortunately, the current version of nmh doesn't remove these quotes,
so they appear in the output of 'scan,' which is irritating.  I fixed
this for my nmh by hacking fmt_scan.c so that the friendly() command
removes the double quotes.

Is there an "offical" way to remove the quotes already present in nmh?
If not, I can send a patch for fmt_scan.c to do it.

I use the existance of double quotes as a visual "this as a probably
spam" flag when scan my inbox. :-)

Cheers,
Simon.
--
Simon Burge                            <simonb(_at_)wasabisystems(_dot_)com>
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/