Re: [Nmh-workers] Three simple questions

2004-01-07 14:30:05
#1) What is the current status of the nmh project?  It appears to me from
looking at the various dates shown on:

   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/nmh/

that this project may have been dead for a long long time now.  Is that
true?

A "long long" time?  The last news was in September.  I don't consider
4 months "long long" by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway ... as it has been discussed on the list previously, I had
a new release candidate ready to go, and then Savannah got broken into.
It didn't come back until I was already away on Christmas vacation.
I'm on a business trip this week.

#2)  Where/how can I obtain the last/latest 1.1 pre-release candidate
tar ball?  I tried to obtain it via the page listed above, but that page
seems to have a LOT of broken links, and I never did find the file.

A _lot_?  Could you give examples, please?  Unfortunately, savannah
purged it's download area, and that's why the Filelist link is
broken, but from my checking, that's the only one.  I don't really
feel that one is our fault.  If you want the latest pre-release
candidate, I can send it to you privately.

#3)  Does any version of nmh support SMTP Authentication (a la RFC 2554)
for outgoing mail?  (I need this feature rather badly.)

Yes, it will use the Cyrus-SASL library and thus use any mechanisms
that Cyrus-SASL supports.  Same for POP.