Re: [Nmh-workers] Three simple questions

2004-01-07 15:30:06

In message
<200401072052(_dot_)i07KqvRr006485(_at_)ginger(_dot_)cmf(_dot_)nrl(_dot_)navy(_dot_)mil>,
 you wrote:

#1) What is the current status of the nmh project?  It appears to me from
looking at the various dates shown on:

   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/nmh/

that this project may have been dead for a long long time now.  Is that
true?

A "long long" time?  The last news was in September.  I don't consider
4 months "long long" by any stretch of the imagination.

Sorry.  I stand corrected.

Anyway ... as it has been discussed on the list previously, I had
a new release candidate ready to go, and then Savannah got broken into.
It didn't come back until I was already away on Christmas vacation.
I'm on a business trip this week.

Do you need secure hosting?

I can host this stuff on a very secure FreeBSD system right here for
you for nothing if you like.  Just ask.

#2)  Where/how can I obtain the last/latest 1.1 pre-release candidate
tar ball?  I tried to obtain it via the page listed above, but that page
seems to have a LOT of broken links, and I never did find the file.

A _lot_?  Could you give examples, please?

Well, at the top, there is a bar and it has a "files" link, and that is
busted.  And also the "Filelist (download area)" link is busted.

Again, I apologize and stand corrected.  It isn't a ``lot'' of links
that are busted... just all of the ones that would have been useful
to me personally.

purged it's download area, and that's why the Filelist link is
broken, but from my checking, that's the only one.  I don't really
feel that one is our fault.  If you want the latest pre-release
candidate, I can send it to you privately.

Please do.  Thanks.

If it is bigger than 1 MB as an e-mail message, then let me know and
I'll tell you where you can FTP it to instead.

#3)  Does any version of nmh support SMTP Authentication (a la RFC 2554)
for outgoing mail?  (I need this feature rather badly.)

Yes, it will use the Cyrus-SASL library and thus use any mechanisms
that Cyrus-SASL supports.  Same for POP.

Great!  Thanks.