Re: [Nmh-workers] Forwarding MIME messages?

2004-05-20 20:30:05
On 21 May 2004 at 10:06, Nathan Bailey
<Nathan(_dot_)Bailey(_at_)its(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Using forward (e.g. forw -format) means I have to clean up the message
by hand and re-attach any attachments -- a lot of work.

I either use "forw -mime" (as Neil mentioned), or I put a #forw
directive in the message body (which is what "forw -mime" does)...
or I copy the message into the drafts folder and then edit it to
look the way I want, like:

        cp `mhpath cur` `mhpath new +drafts`
        comp -use -e vi last

When I edit someone else's message, I take out most of the
header fields (Received:, etc.) and change the "From:" and
"To:" fields.  I might edit the message body some -- maybe
removing an attachment or cleaning up some particularly ugly
HTML -- or else I just send it as-is.

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, jpeek(_at_)jpeek(_dot_)com, http://www.jpeek.com/