Re: [Nmh-workers] Forwarding MIME messages?

2004-05-25 22:30:08
Nathan Bailey <Nathan(_dot_)Bailey(_at_)its(_dot_)monash(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Next dev requests/ideas:
      * S/MIME certificate support (decrypting or verifying
        signatures in show/mhl, encrypting in whatnow/post)

It's not "built-in", but I just use the existing tools...when
editing/viewing, I pipe the messages to some scripts that just
call the following, which has worked find for my CLI needs:

Signing:
    openssl smime -sign -inkey $KEYS/rsa.key -signer $KEYS/my.crt -certfile
$KEYS/CA.cert

Verifying:
    openssl smime -verify -CAfile $KEYS/ca-bundle.crt

Or, like someone else suggested, one of the GUI apps that can tie into the
IMAP/#mh namespace for viewing/sending like Mail.app or Mozilla/Thunderbird.

-philip