Re: [Nmh-workers] Forwarding MIME messages?

2004-05-21 06:30:10

my solution to this general problem is somewhat unorthodox but
seems to be mostly workable.

I run the UW-IMAP4 server on my FreeBSD machine where my MH
account lives. the cool part is that UW-IMAP4 understands
#mh as a user-local namespace for IMAP folders, and
IT DOES THE RIGHT THING.

so over on MacOS X, i created an account that uses the IMAP
server and the #mh namespace, and PRESTO!!!! all my MH folders
appear and all the MIME tomfoolery can be done with Mail.app,
or even better, Mozilla Thunderbird.  Mail.app's IMAP support
is, as the Brits would say, "dodgy at best". (ie, PROFOUNDLY BUGGY!)
T-Bird, on the other hand, is fast at IMAP things and hasn't
yet puked its brains out like Mail.app.

and the net result is that i can go back and forth - doing some
things with MH, especially when i'm coming in remote via SSH
from some dial-up hell and just wanna blow through the mail
(frequently using emacs mhe for single-keystroke-kills).
but then when i get home, i can peruse the MIME comic book
stuff with a nice vidiot interface.

are there nits and warts, yes, occassionaly in abundance, but
for the most part, it's the best of both worlds at a cost
i find more than acceptable.

thanks for all the great work, guys.

        cheers,
        -mo