Re: [Nmh-workers] Displaying/Replying to HTML emails

2004-11-23 23:41:56
On November 23, 2004 at 17:39, Arun Bhalla wrote:

In addition, like many of you, I'm sure, I have to read and respond to
emails containing text/html parts.  Reading isn't so bad since I just
pipe it through lynx in my .mh_profile, although sometimes I'd rather
have it default to text/plain (see above).  But replying can be nasty,
especially if there's only a text/html part (seemingly common from Hotmail
users) and no text/plain part.  I'd rather not have any non-text parts
in the reply body if there's a text/plain part; if the text/html part is
the only text part, I'd rather have it stripped of tags.  I might argue
that some nmh utility should do all of that for me, but if someone can
recommend some scripts and .mh_profile configurations, I certainly
wouldn't mind.

The problem is even worse with multipart/mixed messages that include
attachments.

What I did was hack up a script,
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/extras/mha-mhedit/mha-mhedit.html>,
to deal with situations when I need to deal with multipart and/or
HTML messages.

--ewh