Re: [Nmh-workers] MHCONTEXT buglet - send, post slow with dot_lock

2004-11-23 22:03:16
Robert Tarrall <tarrall(_at_)xxxx(_dot_)neighborhoodlink(_dot_)com> wrote:

On a Linux system where I just upgraded from nmh-1.0.4 to nmh-1.1RC3,
sending takes a long, long time (circa 30 seconds) from the time you
type "send" at the whatnow prompt to the time you get a command prompt.
Mostly wanted to note this issue in the mailing list so if anyone knows
a fix they can post it, and also so that folks who run across this
themselves can work around it by changing their mh_profile.

Funny, we just had a related problem on the mh-e-users list with some
similar workarounds (sorry the thread was broken up into several
threads):

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9957432
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9957433
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9951099
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10043663

Do others things that it would be nice to be able to set MHCONTEXT to
/dev/null and not have locking issues?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG
ID:610BD9AD